It’s YLNT VSOP, Part I! We convened a special session in San Francisco, featuring guests John Hodgman and Jonathan Coulton. Aided by Hodgman’s expertise and Coulton’s hatred of poetry, we finally got to the bottom of our most lingering questions:
- Why is Kevin Bacon famously uncomfortable around FAX machines?
- How does Adam save the world by not wearing shoes?
- What are the slam poet’s secret romantic techniques?
- Why are short films so long? And also: vice versa?
- Why do alfalfa farmers know so much about the Renaissance?
- What food is best eaten deep-fried?
…and many more.
Hodgman’s new book is More Information Than You Require. The YLNT Writers’ Retreat recently purchased 22 copies, one for each bathroom on the estate. The inmates—sorry, the “writers in residence”—seem to be enjoying it very much.
UPDATE: If you enjoyed this episode, you might like to learn more about how we made it. Check out the production journal.